SUMMER SALAD… Trust me when I say this recipe is not only EASY but DELICIOUS. It’s my summer staple for cookouts, 4th of July parties, BBQ’s and perfect for luncheons too. Whenever I ask what I can bring to an event everyone tells me to bring my TORTELLINI SALAD. It’s a huge summer hit!
Below is the recipe. Please note there are no measurements. It all depends on the size of the event. If I make this for my family of four I’ll use 1-2 bags of tortellini. For large events I have used any where from 4-8 bags. Even if you don’t cook… This recipe is EASY enough for anyone to make.
This is a fun, easy and delicious summer salad. The mixture of ingredients bring just enough color to any event. Please let me know if you decide to try this. I’d love to know what you think.
Here is the recipe…
SUMMER CHEESE TORTELLINI SALAD
Frozen Cheese Tortellini
Balsamic Vinaigrette (Paul Newman’s)
- Boil any type of cheese tortellini. Frozen no name brands work fine and cost less. Use tricolored if you want to add color. I have used both in the past and the are equally delicious.
- Chop scallions while waiting for tortellini to cook. Use your own judgement when cutting. Add more if you love scallions or less if you just want a splash of green in the salad.
- Drain pasta and add Craisins immediately while pasta is hot. Mix Craisins and pasta. The heat softens the Craisins. My family loves Craisins so I tend to add extra.
- Add scallions.
- Add Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing. Paul Newman’s is our favorite but any brand of balsamic vinaigrette dressing works.
- Mix all ingredients together and serve hot or cold. It’s totally up to you. I always make this the morning of an afternoon event.
- Save a little dressing to freshen up the salad when you arrive at the event or add a little the next day to leftovers.