Here is the real color…
This is a SIMPLE and yet fun DIY project for kids of all ages.
We ended up making a few of these flower pots as gifts. It was such a big hit… everyone loved it. This one I kept for myself. It’s actually bright red but I changed the setting of the photo and couldn’t find the original picture.
Here are the simple steps:
- Purchase a plain flower pot.
- Spray paint the entire pot any color.
- Dip little hands in any color paint. I picked white so it would stand out.
- Take the opposite end of the paint brush and dip in paint then dot the top section.
- Add a beautiful plant and you are done.
- Perfect gift for that special someone!
I picked a flowering plant for myself so I could enjoy the flowers on my porch for a couple weeks. You can also spray paint with a waterproof clear coat if you would like. My flower pot stays indoors all the time so I didn’t bother to spray a waterproof coat.
The kids had a ball making these as gifts. For the grandparents flower pot I let them paint any design they wanted with lots of colors. My son painted a sailboat so that my parents could keep it at their beach house. It just figures I forgot to get a photo!
Our flower pots were a HUGE hit and better than any store bought gift. They were also one of a kind!!!